Friday, September 4, 2009

Oklahoma is OK!

Anyone else remember that used to be the slogan on Oklahoma's license plate?  I do only because I used to (actually, still do) like giving my dad a hard time about it since he was born and raised in the state.

Soooo, tomorrow Adam and I are headed up to the great state of Oklahoma, Bartlesville to be exact, to visit my cousin, grandma, and dad (he will be in town for the weekend, too).  I always love seeing the fam and this time will be even more fun because it will be the first time Adam will have the chance to see all that B-ville has to offer.  You may be wondering: "What does Bartlesville have to offer?"  Well, really the question should be "What DOESN'T Bartlesville have to offer?".  First and foremost it is where the Big Cheese of the Hogan family resides (Grandma, of course).  It's also where Phillips 66 was headquarted for many many a'years.  My grandpa was actually a chemist for Phillips back in the day and in fact even holds a few patents.  It was his first and only job he had throughout his entire career.  Not too shabby, eh?  I don't know if that even happens anymore...

Speaking of jobs.  I'm very grateful to have one, but sometimes I admit by the end of the week, I get a little tired of looking at the computer (yeah yeah, I know that it's contradictory considering I'm on one right now).  You can all relate, yes?  

You stare at that computer screen 8 hours a day, 5 days a week and it gets old (ask Truman, he knows).




Then, comes Friday (cue angels singing:  "Ahhhhhhh"), which means it's weekend time, which in turn means that you don't have to go to work tomorrow!  Now what's even better than having two days off work?  That's right, having three!  For those of you who are also fortunate to have Labor Day off, I hope you enjoy your three day weekend!  

I say that tonight you go home, lay out on the couch, and get a little rest and relaxation before you dive into your weekend.



(At least I know that's T-Money's plan)

To everyone, I hope you have a good Labor Day weekend and for those of you traveling, have a safe trip!

Oh, and don't worry.  I'll be back next week to tell you of our adventures in Bartlesville (we may even have time to hit up the petroleum museum =P).

Ta ta, for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers